Elder Cody Denton

Elder Cody Denton

Sunday, October 17, 2010

10/11/10 - Letter to the World

Buen Dia!
How are we all doing today? I hope life is treating you all well! I don´t have ANY bug bites on my arms, the rash from the water is COMPLETELY gone, and best of all...my comp didn´t start ANY fires last week!
This last week has gone by incredibley fast. As my companion, Elder Amaya, is the district leader, it seems that the time that we have with our investigators is incredibly limited. Our days are spent riding our bikes to and from meetings in Puerto and doing interviews for the other missionaries. The meetings and interviews are really important, but at the same time it´s hard not being able to spend as much time with the investigators that need our help.
I don´t know if you remember, but a few weeks ago I mentioned that I gave my first lesson in English to an old lady, the grandma of two positive investigators. We had a great lesson with her, but she told us that she already had her religion and that she didn´t want to visit our church. Weeks went by and we kept visiting with her grandkids, but she would just walk by as we taught them, never really paying us much attention. On Saturday we went to her house again. We sat down with her and her grandkids and asked her why baptism was so important for us in this life and in the next. She told us that it´s important because it cleanses us of our sins and it´s a commandment of God. We were satisfied with the answer and were about to move on, but she followed that statement with ¨That´s why I want to get baptized¨. WHAT?!?!?! OKAY!!!
Following the promptings of the Holy Ghost and asking inspired questions is really like hitting the ¨Easy Button¨.
We all need to be ready and willing to always follow the promptings that we recieve. When we follow them, the Holy Ghost will confide in us in the future!
Mai wantsna. Wik kum pain bris. Kli wal praubia
Elder Denton II

No comments:

Post a Comment