Elder Cody Denton

Elder Cody Denton

Monday, October 25, 2010

10/25/10 - Letter to the World

Dear Family and Friends!I´m sorry for not being so good about writing my letters to the world. Starting this week I´m going to have a new system. When things happen, I´m going to write it down in my agenda so that I don´t have a lack of things to say when P-days come around. Throughout the week crazy things happen, but when they don´t get written down, they get forgotten.This last week all the missionaries in my zone had the opportunity to get interviewed by the mission president, which was a really cool experience. I had my first interview with him the first week I came to Nicaragua, but as I was really new, I didn´t have much to say. Now that I know what´s going on in the mission, we were able to talk about how things are going and how things are going to improve. Before the interviews, we were all in the sacrement salon and he taught us some really neat things. He tought us about the importance of asking inspired questions, which was just what I needed. He taught us that although across the world there are hundreds of different cultures, the culture of the Gospel is one and that no matter where we live, we need to live the culture of the Gospel.Here in Puerto Cabezas, we´re focussing a lot on retention. The last mission president had the attitude of ¨baptize anything that moves¨, but our new president, President Arredondo, is much more focussed on baptising strong families that understand the Restoration and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.I really love this new turn that this area is taking. I don´t think I will be here in Puerto for much longer, but I can definately see that with this new focus the church will be greatly strengthened. On Sunday our 4 branches were formed into a district. When the members and recent converts change parts of their culture for that of the Gospel, we´re going to see wards and stakes here in Puerto!!! Ya´ll just wait - in one of these next general conferences you´ll be hearing about a new Nicaragua Managua Temple!I know that the church is true and that it´s only going to keep growing here in Nicaragua and across the world. Have faith and exercise it! If you don´t know how to exercise it, ask any seminary student!Love you all!Have a Happy Halloween.....OooOooOga BoooOoOOOoga!Elder Denton IIPS: If you need a good Halloween story, look up grisi siknis...it freaks me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment