Elder Cody Denton

Elder Cody Denton

Sunday, August 7, 2011

02/14/11 - Letter to the World

Hello World!

It´s been a long and challenging week here in Momotombo. We had four investigators at church again this week, which is excellent, but they weren´t the families that we were hoping would show up. We still have the goal of baptizing a family this month, but it´ll be difficult one since only parts of families come to church.

This week I´ve learned something really interesting and great about the mission. It might be really obvious to many, but it took me a while to figure out it´s significance. Every missionary is completely different. They might have similarities, but they´re going to have different ways of teaching, different ways of contacting, different ways of learning AND different ways of feeling the Spirit. As a missionary we´re never told to do any of these things in a certain way. What brings loads of success to one missionary, may not do anything for another. We were called on missions not to be robots that live the same day on replay for 2 years. We are to constantly be looking for better ways. Better ways to teach, contact, learn, feel the Spirit and help others feel the Spirit as well.

Everyone is different and we all need to weed out the things that are slowing down our progress and start doing the things that will help us progress faster.

Every time I analyze what I´ve learned on the mission I get really excited, thinking of how I can apply it all in my life at college then with my family and then for the rest of my life. There is so much to be learned on a mission and you can help so many people while you´re learning! It´s really fantastic!

Next week I´ll talk about some new investigators and what we´re teaching them :)

Much Love,

Elder Denton II

No comments:

Post a Comment