Elder Cody Denton

Elder Cody Denton

Sunday, August 7, 2011

07/18/11 - Letter to the World

Good afternoon, everybody!

I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to write everybody today! The gospel of Jesus Christ is amazing and God loves every single one of us.


This last week I had the opportunity to teach The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (lesson 1) soooooo many times! Every time I teach it, I get more and more excited about it. It´s incredible! I love teaching about the formation of the church of Jesus Christ in the New Testament and then about His church today in day. Teaching about José Smith and then asking the follow-up question, ¨For you, would it be important to have a prophet in these latter days?¨. This message always brings the Spirit into the homes of those that are willing to listen with an open heart.


I don´t know if I´ve mentioned Milton and Luz, but they are a really cool family that we are teaching that we found through English classes. They plan to be baptized on the sixth of August. Milton is really looking forward to being baptized, but has a few doubts about marriage. Luz is really looking forward to being married, but has a few doubts about baptism. They have two assistances in church and they are always glad to see us show up in front of their house. They recognize the Spirit and they can´t get enough of it.


Freddy and Ingrid (two recent converts) have blown me away these last couple weeks. I know I talk about these two a lot, but it´s because they´re truly incredible. When I got to La Dalia, Ingrid was short shorts, low cut shirts, blaring loud music, sailor mouth....everything! Yesterday at church she was so-close-to-modest shirt, mid-calf skirt, singing hymns, teaching primary....everything! Freddy smoked, drank, worked every Sunday and now he´s clean cut, doesn´t miss a Sunday, divisions with the Elders, awesome!THIS........GOSPEL..........CHANGES..............LIVES!


I love you all and I hope you enjoy your week. Elder Denton

No comments:

Post a Comment