Elder Cody Denton

Elder Cody Denton

Sunday, August 7, 2011

03/21/11 - Letter to the World

Dear World,

It feels like it´s been a while since I´ve written and I don´t really remember everything that I´ve said about my new area/comp, so if some of this is old news, forgive me.

My current area: La Dalia
My current zone: Matagalpa
My current companion: Elder López
My current companion´s home country: El Salvador
Status: Animated and Ready to Kick Butt!

I´m coming up on 3 weeks in La Dalia and I´m loving it to death. The people are all really friendly and It´s an awesome atmosphere to work in. The weather is a bit chilly, the streets are hecka steep, and the food is as ricey and beany as ever.

The last time I wrote, I mentioned how we were working on finding all of the Recent Converts and Members. It´s a really neat experience. It´s funny to see the reactions that people have when they see missionaries aproaching their house when they know perfectly well that it´s because they haven´t been to church in months. Some hide, but the majority are really fun to get to know. I love reactivaction!

When we got to La Dalia, the church attendance had been 15-20. Last week we had 32 people in Sacrament Meeting! 6 Investigators - youngsters, but Investigators nonetheless.

Our Branch President went out with us on Saturday and we met a few new families. None of them came to church on Sunday, but this week my comp and I are going to get to know them a bit better and animate them for Noche de Hermanamiento and Sunday!

Pass a good week and if you have any questions about the mission or Nicaragua, feel free to ask.

Elder Denton II

No comments:

Post a Comment