Elder Cody Denton

Elder Cody Denton

Sunday, August 7, 2011

07/25/11 - Letter to the World

Buenas Tardes!

After teaching and preaching 4.5 months in La Dalia, I´ve been changed to Tezoatega, Chinandega. I really love the area! Without help, I can manage to get from the church to my house and from my house to my food appointment...and on a good day I can make it to the cemetery too. I´m gonna print out a map to get a better handle on things.

Tomorrow we´re going to have to have a multi-zone meeting and Elder Falabella (area president) is going to come. I´ve heard him once before and he´s a really good speaker. Next week I´ll write about what we learned.

This week we´ve been focusing on finding new families. This area was re-opened just 4 weeks ago by my companion, Elder Moore. OH!!! Elder Moore is a gringo from LA. I don´t have any pics yet, but I hope to be able to send some next week. He has about a year in the mission and is super tight! We´ve worked non-stop since I´ve got here. We did two big service projects for a family of less actives last week and they went to church yesterday! The Bishop is really excited to have new missionaries that are willing to serve the ward.

Right now we have one lady that seems to be progressing, her name is Carla. She´s a mom of two little girls and truly has a great desire to be baptized. Her only challenge is that she has a boyfriend that doesn´t seem willing to support her in her decision to serve the Lord. Tomorrow we are going to talk with them and see how we´re going to make things happen.

I love the opportunity to be here serving my Heavenly Father! It´s a blessing to be a member of this church and to know the fullness of the restored gospel.

I love you all and hope you use your sunscreen,

Elder Denton

No comments:

Post a Comment